Statement of Faith
Every ministry worth investing in has a statement of faith to guide all those who minister in its name. Since its beginning, AFCI India has held to the fundamental precepts of the Christian faith, as outlined in the nine/ ten statements below.
- We believe in the Scripture of the Old and New Testaments, as verbally inspired by God, inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons–Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed.
- We believe that marriage is the exclusive union of one man and one woman in a covenant relationship with one another. This covenant is entered into by solemn vows of matrimony, intended by God to be binding until death. This sacred union is the context for and means of procreation for the human race. Sexual activity is designed by God only to be experienced within a marriage relationship.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in the blessed hope, the personal imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, in the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
Teams of Nationals Accelerating the Spread of the Gospel Through Local Churches Nationwide